The week of December 28th, 1969: The last days of the 1960s. The first days of the 1970s. It’s been fifty years since these shows premiered. Did our sci-fi and our spy-fi predict the future? Was any of it actually ahead of its time, or was it still just amazing that all three of these shows were being broadcast in color? Let’s rewind half a century and find out. (47:30)
Right-click here and “save as” to download the podcast to something that won’t self-destruct in five seconds.
- Feel free to help support the show at Patreon or Ko-Fi!
- December 1969 in theLogBook’s History Timeline
- January 1970 in theLogBook’s History Timeline
- Mission: Impossible: The Amnesiac in the LogBook
- Mission: Impossible DVDs in theLogBook.com Store
- Land Of The Giants: Our Man O’Reilly in the LogBook
- Land Of The Giants DVDs in theLogBook.com Store
- Doctor Who: Spearhead From Space in the LogBook
- Doctor Who (Jon Pertwee era) DVDs in theLogBook.com Store
- What was the #1 song this week?
- Music by Jahzzar
- If you like Retrogram, you’ll also enjoy Earl’s books about Doctor Who – VWORP!1 and VWORP!2 – and his first volume of a guide to Star Trek, WARP!1 – they’re in theLogBook.com Store!
News of the day:
Music (in order):
“Great Dark Spot” by Jahzzar (betterwithmusic.com) CC BY-SA from the album Galaxy
“Luxe” by Jahzzar from the album Servants
“League Of Mice” by Dee Zee from the album Random Sanity
“Upper Ground” by Andrew Howes from the album Nine Stones Close
“AVV Revisited” by Hermelin from the album Hermelin