The week of July 18th, 1971: As the crew of Apollo 15 prepared to go to the moon, it was a dead week for American genre TV…but still a lively one across the pond. Meet a magician named Tarot, and an alien-fighter named Colonel Ed Straker. One will face a new foe whose magic may be even stronger than his…and the other will face “you-foes” who have already made a backup copy of him. Oh, and one of these shows can’t be seen anymore, anywhere – it might as well be on the moon. (48:13)
Right-click here and “save as”; any taped copies left in the Thames Television archives may wind up being erased.
- This episode’s trading card sheet (PDF, 965kb)
- July 1971 in theLogBook’s History Timeline
- Ace Of Wands: Seven Serpents, Sulphur And Salt Episode 1 in the LogBook / hear it – maybe – on YouTube
- Ace Of Wands DVDs in theLogBook.com Store
- UFO: Reflections In The Water in the LogBook
- UFO DVDs in theLogBook.com Store
- What was the #1 song this week?
- Music by Jahzzar
- If you like Retrogram, you’ll also enjoy Earl’s books about Doctor Who – VWORP!1 and VWORP!2 – and his first volume of a guide to Star Trek, WARP!1 – they’re in theLogBook.com Store!
Apollo 15 in the news:
Music (in order):
“Great Dark Spot” by Jahzzar (betterwithmusic.com) CC BY-SA from the album Galaxy
“Upper Ground” by Andrew Howes from the album Nine Stones Close
“Luxe” by Jahzzar from the album Servants
“(Jamming On The) King Kong Beat” by Dee Zee from the album Random Sanity
“Tarot” by Andrew Bown from the TV series Ace Of Wands