March 15, 2018 at 11:17 am #22637EarlKeymaster
I will pick this one up at some future date. I’m a sucker for a Joel Goldsmith Stargate score. [LINK]
The first episode of STARGATE SG-1 was titled ‘Children Of The Gods’. Composer Joel Goldsmith wrote a complete score for the episode but the decision was made in post production by MGM to also include selections from the score composed for the 1994 feature film. At the time of the episode’s debut, a soundtrack album was released by Milan Records that was representative of the music used in the episode, which included a portion of Joel’s score along with selections from David Arnold’s score for the feature film, with a running time of nearly 45 minutes. In 2009, producer Brad Wright received permission from MGM, the studio that owns the franchise, to recut ‘Children Of The Gods’ and present it as it was originally intended, which included restoring Joel Goldsmith’s orchestral score. Dragon’s Domain Records, to be distributed by BuySoundtrax Records, presents STARGATE SG-1: CHILDREN OF THE GODS – THE FINAL CUT, mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland, featuring forty minutes of previously unreleased music. The booklet contains liner notes written by series creator and executive producer Brad Wright.
- Stargate SG-1: Main Title (1:02)
- Opening Titles / Goa’uld Attack / Opening Titles Pt. 2 / Opening Credits Pt. 3 (6:33)
- They Glowed / O’Neil Spills The Beans (2:55)
- Remember Skaara / Tissue Box Message (3:08)
- Return Message (1:15)
- Return to Abydos / Hello Jack (3:39)
- Evening Meal / Rejection and Death (6:38)
- Attack & Abduction / Return to Earth (8:20)
- Goa’uld Dungeon (1:37)
- Daniel and Jack / Trading Stories (2:41)
- SG-1 Rescue Mission (2:25)
- Symbiote Transfer (2:57)
- On The Trail (1:55)
- Chulak (2:26)
- The New Queen (1:20)
- Where Are You From? / Hell Freezes Over / Five Hours (1:58)
- The Choosing / Teal’c’s Choice / Escape to Earth / Finale (19:21)
- End Titles (1:59)
- Stargate SG-1: End Credits (0:58)
STARGATE SG-1: CHILDREN OF THE GODS – THE FINAL CUT is a limited edition of 1000 units and is expected to start shipping the week of March 26th.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.