Star Wars: Black Series – Jaxxon at last!

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Collectibles Star Wars: Black Series – Jaxxon at last!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    EarlEarl
    Keymaster

I’ve been waiting for this figure since 1978!

Jaxxon

Hasbro is finally doing Jaxxon, the giant green space rabbit sidekick of Han and Chewie from those crazy, there-are-no-rules-because-there-are-no-sequels-yet Marvel Star Wars comics that followed up on the first (and, at the time, only) movie. There wasn’t even a Holiday Special yet, so what the hell, why not? Giant green space rabbit!

Jaxxon Jaxxon
    Jaxxon Jaxxon
    Jaxxon

For some context: post-prequels, there were many internet thinkpieces written about how Jaxxon was the Jar Jar before Jar Jar…which wasn’t really true, he kind of kicked ass. Would Han and Chewie have put up with him if he couldn’t hold his own? But, received fandom wisdom being what it is (note: I live, and love, to puncture received fandom wisdom about what’s good and bad), the damage was done. When Disney bought Lucasfilm and Marvel – a subsidiary of Disney – took over the Star Wars comics license again, the Jaxxon-as-Jar-Jar mindset had taken hold. There was even a variant cover of the first issue that was in on the joke.

Jaxxon

I’m disappointed that this is Black Series only (6 inches tall, and thus nearly twice the size of my vast 3 3/4″ Star Wars collection), but I’m glad Jaxxon is finally getting a little love. Hasbro is taking pre-orders for a July ship date.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.