Limited edition Back to the Future score CD

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media Music Soundtracks Limited edition Back to the Future score CD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile Missing
    Blocked

I heard a bit about the limited edition Back to the Future score (after it had already sold out, of course), and have it on my list of soundtracks to pick up if I ever found a decently priced copy. Does anyone here have a copy, and if so, any thoughts on it?

I thought it was great. The second disc is mainly early / alternate versions of stuff, and the differences are pretty subtle for the most part. (There’s a full review here.)

One of the best things about Intrada and Film Score Monthly’s soundtrack releases is always the booklet, which usually has a heap of trivia I’ve never heard of before; this one was no exception.

By the way, unlike a lot of their releases, supposedly Intrada didn’t put a limit of 3,000 copies on BTTF – it should still be available. Sure enough, it’s still available according to their website. $30 well spent.

Rhindle The Red
    Participant

It’s still available? Awesome! I’m going to have to pick that up as soon as I have some spare cash. Thanks for the info Earl!

I think they figured, and rightly so, that this is an evergreen release, sort of like FSM’s 2-CD re-releases of Star Trek II & III over the past couple of years. BTTF + Raiders Of The Lost Ark* + The Empire Strikes Back = the holy trinity of ’80s action movie music. ‘Nuff said.

* And it is not “Indiana Jones and the Raiders Of The Lost Ark,” no matter what anybody says.

Rhindle The Red
    Participant

@Earl wrote:

I think they figured, and rightly so, that this is an evergreen release, sort of like FSM’s 2-CD re-releases of Star Trek II & III over the past couple of years. BTTF + Raiders Of The Lost Ark* + The Empire Strikes Back = the holy trinity of ’80s action movie music. ‘Nuff said.

A wise move on their part, I say.

@Earl wrote:

* And it is not “Indiana Jones and the Raiders Of The Lost Ark,” no matter what anybody says.

DAMN RIGHT! I’ve been spreading that word ever since I first saw the retitling.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.