Jago & Litefoot & Leela

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

For the past year or two, Big Finish has done an annual box set of 3-4 new adventures of Jago & Litefoot, the intrepid Victorian adventurers who helped the Doctor and Leela out in The Talons Of Weng-Chiang. Their “solo albums” have continued their unlikely supernatural sleuthing stories in their own time and on Earth, without really nodding back to Doctor Who as anything more than the characters’ origins… at least until now. From Big Finish’s latest news release:

After the recent release of the acclaimed Series Two of Jago and Litefoot – which is available to order now – we are delighted to announce that Series Three is in post-production, available for pre-order and on course for a June 2011 release.

Louise Jameson will be joining the regular cast as Leela, reunited with the two investigators of infernal incidents. It is the first time that Louise has worked together with fellow actors Christopher Benjamin and Trevor Baxter since the TV story The Talons of Weng-Chiang in 1977.

“Leela has been sent to Earth by the Time Lords,” says producer David Richardson. “Something is corrupting time on Earth, the planet is in grave danger and Leela again teams up with Jago and Litefoot to urgently locate the source of the problem.”

The series begins with Dead Men’s Tales by Justin Richards, in which the trio are on the trail of mysterious dead sailors that have risen from the murky waters of the Thames. Warren Brown (The Accused, Single Father) guest stars as Johnny Skipton.

Episode two is The Man at the End of the Garden by Matthew Sweet, in which Jago, Litefoot and Leela are menaced by a young girl’s imaginary friend. Eden Monteath (who appeared in the Eleventh Doctor’s first TV adventure The Eleventh Hour) plays young Clara while Joanna Monro (Planet of the Spiders) is Eleanor Naismith.

Next up is Swan Song by John Dorney, which is described as an unusual twist on a ghost story. The series concludes with Chronoclasm by Andy Lane, in which the race to save Earth history reaches its devastating climax. The cast includes Philip Bretherton as Mr Payne, while a certain Wendy Padbury plays a small role – though this is confirmed not to be as Zoe Heriot.

You can order any of the Jago & Litefoot box sets here; I haven’t partaken yet, but I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. Talons wasn’t my favorite Who story (and I know I’m virtually alone on that opinion), which I admit has held me back a bit.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.