How Blizzard’s reputation collapsed in just 3 years

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Phosphor Dot Fossils Computer Gaming How Blizzard’s reputation collapsed in just 3 years

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth

From PC Gamer:

How Blizzard’s reputation collapsed in just 3 years
    From free speech scandals and massive layoffs to a discrimination lawsuit: A history of Blizzard’s recent controversies and major departures.

Blizzard’s recently publicized sexual harassment and discrimination lawsuit filed by the state of California is just the latest in a long string of controversies. Between massive layoffs, numerous reports on its toxic workplace, and highly anticipated launches reportedly sabotaged by mismanagement, the last few years have dramatically altered the perception of what used to be PC gaming’s darling developer.

This timeline covers Blizzard’s most notable controversies and high-profile departures since 2018. These events help paint a broad picture of Blizzard’s recent turmoil over the past few years and can also give some useful context in its changing corporate culture and the recent allegations against it.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

“All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.” —IBM Manual, 1925

ZLoth

Blizzard’s president is out, studio to be co-led by a woman for first time in its history

“All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.” —IBM Manual, 1925

Earl
    Keymaster

Part of me, for completely irrational sentimental reasons, would like to see someone peel the Activision brand away from Blizzard and re-establish it as its own entity. Maybe with someone with ties to Activision’s legacy as the CEO.

Then I remind myself what happened when someone tried to revive the Intellivision brand.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.