Here’s Why You’re Seeing More International Content in Your Netflix Feed

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media The Biz Here’s Why You’re Seeing More International Content in Your Netflix Feed

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth

From LX:

Here’s Why You’re Seeing More International Content in Your Netflix Feed
    Netflix’s foreign-language content could lead to even more diverse stories reaching even bigger audiences.

A few years ago, I was endlessly scrolling through Netflix for something to binge when I found this dystopian, “Hunger Games”-style series with a simple yet intriguing two-character name: “3%.”

It’s a 2016 Netflix original set in a futuristic world where destitute individuals are selected to compete for a chance to be “saved from squalor,” per the show’s description, and join the lucky 3% who get to live in the lap of luxury on an island paradise.

I was hooked from the first episode, but several hours in, I felt like something was off.

“Why isn’t the audio in perfect sync? Wait, is this not in English?”

FULL ARTICLE HERE

“All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.” —IBM Manual, 1925

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.