Doctor Who: The Light At The End – 50th anniversary audio

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Doctor Who Doctor Who Audio Doctor Who: The Light At The End – 50th anniversary audio

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Big Finish used to have it in their FAQ that they would never, ever recast the first three Doctors with their sons or relatives (though BBC Audio/AudioGo kinda burst through that door with this experiment. But over the course of the Companion Chronicles, some eerie dead ringers have emerged: William “Ian” Russell is now in his 80s and can do quite a convincing Hartnell, but the real show-stealer is Frazer Hines’ hair-raisingly good impersonation of Troughton. (A sound-alike was brought in for Pertwee, and he’s okay for what the script requires of him; the script is weighted toward the first and second Doctors, though, so he doesn’t say enough to really pick him apart without repeated listening.)

It’s actually pretty convincing. I also think we now know what’s up with the Early Years series starting next year.

Steve W
    Participant

I am currently downloading it as we speak. I had a lot of trouble with Big Finish’s payment site – very tetchy. I don’t know when I’ll get around to listening to it, my car comes with Sirius Radio, and I’ve been listening the hell out of that as of late. My limited interactions with satellite radio in the past wasn’t too impressive, but now I’m sold. I haven’t listened to much else to be honest. I’ve got a bunch of stuff saved up that I haven’t listened to yet.

The full review is posted here. Spoilers ahoy!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.