CW to reboot Babylon 5

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Keymaster

So… uh… this is happening. JMS is behind it. [LINK]

Original series creator J. Michael Straczynski is onboard to write the project. He will also executive producer under his Studio JMS banner. Warner Bros. Television, which produced the original series, will produce the reboot.

The new iteration of the sci-fi series is described as a “from-the-ground-up reboot.”

Winner of the best “WTF??!?” headline for the same story goes to Vulture for The CW Is Rebooting Horny Space Opera Babylon 5.

I have really complicated feelings about this. I keep trying not to land on a square other than “ragey knee-jerk loyalty to the original show” and I keep missing.

ubikuberalles

Well, we know what the Vulture writer was doing when she first watched Babylon 5…pervert! 😉

Earl
    Keymaster

Gives a whole new meaning to “what we do in the shadows”. :barf:

ubikuberalles

It will be interesting to see how different the reboot will be from the original. JMS wants to keep it fresh and full of surprises for both long time fans and n00Bs. Will he make radical and controversial changes like the reboot of BSG? (a female Garibaldi? I can hear Londo now, shouting “MRS. GARIBALDI!!!!”). It was already mentioned that the series starts with Captain Sheridan instead of Commander Sinclair (maybe Sinclair will show up later in the series).

Many of the episodes of the original B5 had mind-blowing moments (especially the episodes featuring Babylon 4) so I am hoping the same happens with the new version of the show.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.