Ace! by Sophie Aldred and Mike Tucker

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Doctor Who Doctor Who Books Ace! by Sophie Aldred and Mike Tucker

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Steve W
    Participant

I just picked up Ace! in a cool but confusingly laid out used bookstore in downtown Denton, TX today. On the subject of the bookstore, the interior is cobbled together from a bunch of other awkwardly aligned storefronts on the same block – it’s like a giant labyrinth with multiple staircases and strange cubbyholes everywhere. The layout could only be described as schizophrenic. Anyway, they’ve got a nice selection of sci-fi books, and a decent assortment of Doctor Who books and novels. I ended up buying Ace! since I had read a review of it when it originally came out oh-so-many years ago. It’s a lot more entertaining than I thought it would be. I didn’t know it would have so much ‘behind the scenes’ info told from the people working on set. I thought it would be something a little different, like stories about the character or something. But since I had never actually seen the book myself, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I also picked up Star Trek Phase II: The Lost Series at the same time. As you can tell, I went on a real nerd binge today. 😀

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.