54th Grammy Awards soundtrack nominees

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media Music Soundtracks 54th Grammy Awards soundtrack nominees

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Nominations of interest are [LINK]…

Best Score Soundtrack For Visual Media

• Black Swan – Clint Mansell
    • Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 – Alexandre Desplat
    • The King’s Speech – Alexandre Desplat
    • The Shrine – Ryan Shore
    • Tron Legacy – Daft Punk

Best Compilation Soundtrack For Visual Media

• Boardwalk Empire Volume 1
    • Burlesque
    • Glee: The Music Vol. 4
    • Tangled
    • True Blood Vol. 3

I’d love to think Daft Punk has a real chance. I’m not a big fan of Alexandre Kersplat, and right now he’s freakin’ ubiquitous – he’s the 21st century’s James Horner. But you know why he’s ubiquitous? ‘Cause Hollywood freakin’ loves him right now. I think Daft Punk was robbed not getting an Oscar nomination, so… “it’s an honor just to be nominated.”

Former ST:TNG composer Ron “Best Of Both Worlds TO BE CONTINUED dah dah DAAAAAAAAAH!” Jones is up for Best Song Written For Visual Media, for a number called “Christmastime Is Killing Us” from Family Guy.

Remember the big Danny Elfman / Tim Burton box set with the giant unfolding zoetrope box that all but transforms into a freakin’ Autobot? It’s up for Best Box Set or Special Limited Edition Package.

“End Of Line (Photek Remix)” from Tron Legacy: Reconfigured is up for Best Remixed Recording (Non-Classical); it’s up against remixes of Rihanna and Foo Fighters, and Reconfigured was such an obscure album, so I give them about a snowball’s chance in the seventh circle of hell.

Weird Al is up for comedy album of the year (Alapalooza) and video (“Perform This Way”).

For the rest of it, it looks like they could cancel the awards show and make it a pay-per-view ultimate fighting match between Adele and Lady Gaga.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.