106: Are You Being Media Served?
Are you being media served? If not, why not? Who needs a media server, how do they set one up, and how do you organize it? Why is everyone so up in arms over the Star Trek: Discovery trailer? And why is a severe thunderstorm a really lousy place/time to record a podcast? The latest Don’t Give This Tape To Earl asks all these questions and waits patiently for the answers. (1:03:06)
Right-click here and “save as” to save to your newfangled digital audio device.
You could win these fabulous prizes!
MHow to organize a media server, probably the hard way.
MQuite a few of these things are not like the other.
Holy descriptive filenames, Batman!
Lest there be any doubt about my internet connectivity…this happened not long after I finished recording. Thanks, thunderstorm.
My burgeoning collection of Voyager memorabilia gets a new addition or two.
Get Princess Leia’s Stolen Death Star Plans here. You don’t even have to be Jyn Erso.
My cats shredded my face.
(My face is doing better.)
- The Voyager Golden Record Kickstarter
- The new and improved theLogBook.com Forums
- From the LogBook: Monkey
- From the Retroist: Lego Saturn V
- From the Retroist: new Canada Post Star Trek stamps
- 8-Bit Weapon: DLC The OST
- The Radiophonic Workshop: Burials In Several Earths
- Voyager 40th Anniversary goodies from theLogBook.com at Redbubble
- Chiptune cover tunes by Kasatochi
This tornado watch is for Oklahoma…and Earl.
Now available in print and for Kindle: WARP!1, the latest book from your podcast host, Earl Green, covering classic Star Trek on TV, in movies, as animation, and other Gene Roddenberry projects from the ’60s and ’70s.
How to train your droid, Little C style.