Tornadic tales, from growing up vaguely worried in Tornado Alley, to taking shelter, to working the weather in TV and radio, to the big one that landed right down the street in 1996. Also, handy tips on how to do Tornado Alley weather when you cut the cord, and how to learn the lyrics to “One Night In Bangkok” over spring break. Stay tuned to Don’t Give This Tape To Earl for later statements and possible warnings. (1:27:13)
Right-click here and “save as” to save to your newfangled digital audio device.
BEHOLD, THE RED SCREEN OF DEATH! Alas, Scooby Doo, why hath thou forsaken me?
(written and produced by…well…me)
- My somewhat low-res video grabs and digital photos of the 1996 tornado’s immediate aftermath, including the bent radio tower
- From my blog: weather warning screens of the ’70s and early ’80s
- Interwarn and StormLab
- WeatherStar 4000 emulator
- From my blog: setting up the WeatherStar 4000 emulator
- From my blog: an Amazon affiliate once more!
- From the LogBook: Wonder Woman Season 1, Sky, Raven, Chocky, and Ace Of Wands
- Even if you don’t know Flack, Flack knows tornadoes.
- In The Grand Theme Of Things: music from tornado movies
- Arkadia Retrocade, the happiest place on Earth
- One hears that this place makes a hard man humble
- Chiptune cover tunes by Kasatochi
Now available in print and for Kindle: WARP!1, the latest book from your podcast host, Earl Green, covering classic Star Trek on TV, in movies, as animation, and other Gene Roddenberry projects from the ’60s and ’70s.