Parlez-vous ATDT15014521700? In the days before the internet, there was the BBS…and for some weird and probably unhealthy reason, your host wanted to run one of his own. A tale replete with BBSs, MIBs, not nearly enough +++ATH0, and numerous other unfortunate abbreviations. (1:15:38)
Right-click here and “save as” to save to your newfangled digital audio device. This won’t fit on a floppy.
- SpaceX is sending someone to the moon and it’s also not me
- Star Trek: Discovery might premiere before SpaceX sends someone to the moon
- Congratulations, Earth! It’s a craton!
- Verity Podcast
- The Proud Ancient History of theLogBook.com
- If you like this edition of the podcast, you need to read “Commodork” by Rob “Flack” O’Hara.
- If you don’t believe that I actually edited D.C. Fontana and Norman Spinrad that one time, get a copy of “Boarding The Enterprise” and see for yourself.
- Batman ’66 action figures (via the Retroist)
- Chiptune cover tunes by Kasatochi
Now available in print and for Kindle: WARP!1, the latest book from your podcast host, Earl Green, covering classic Star Trek on TV, in movies, as animation, and other Gene Roddenberry projects from the ’60s and ’70s.
Me, BBS’ing. A recent photo. You can’t unsee it. (If y’all sign up as patrons, I promise I’ll never post anything like this again.)