The weeks of July 25th and August 1st, 1971: As Apollo 15’s crew unfurls the first lunar rover on the surface of the moon, the opening story of the UK telefantasy series Ace Of Wands is being broadcast for the first – and maybe last – time. This Retrogram recaps and reviews these two “orphaned” episodes – the only genre shows that aired in their respective weeks – and completes the story whose first part was examined in Retrogram #7129. (25:08) This Retrogram first appeared in July 2019 as a patron exclusive. I had planned to keep it on hold until early 2020, but my recording schedule has been thrown off by some real-life demands, so consider it a taster of one of the show’s Patreon perks. Retrogram will be back on schedule soon!
Right-click here and “save as”; please don’t sell any physical copies to broadcasters in former British colonies.
- July 1971 in theLogBook’s History Timeline
- Ace Of Wands: Seven Serpents, Sulphur And Salt Episode 2 in the LogBook / hear it – maybe – on YouTube
- Ace Of Wands: Seven Serpents, Sulphur And Salt Episode 3 in the LogBook / hear it – maybe – on YouTube
- Ace Of Wands DVDs in theLogBook.com Store
- What was the #1 song this week?
- Music by Jahzzar
- If you like Retrogram, you’ll also enjoy Earl’s books about Doctor Who – VWORP!1 and VWORP!2 – and his first volume of a guide to Star Trek, WARP!1 – they’re in theLogBook.com Store!
Music (in order):
“Great Dark Spot” by Jahzzar (betterwithmusic.com) CC BY-SA from the album Galaxy
“Towers Open Fire” by Andrew Howes from the album Nine Stones Close
“League Of Mice” by Dee Zee from the album Random Sanity
“Lulli Rides Again” by Andrew Bown from the TV series Ace Of Wands