From time to time when he was younger, and occasionally still now, E has struggled with the concept of personal space – you couldn’t violate his, but he could get all over anyone else. So the following interaction as all three of us sat on the sofa watching something on TV amused me greatly.
- E [watches intently]
- C [cuddles up to E]: Hiiiiii!
- E [ignores little brother]
- C [getting in his big brother’s face]: HIIIIIIIII!
- ME: Hey, C. Back off. Personal space.
- C [still in big brother’s face]: PERSONAL SPAAAAAAAAAACE!
At this point I just kind of had to try to hide how hard I was laughing at it all.