Your Name. (Kimi no na wa) (2016)

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Japanese SF and Anime Your Name. (Kimi no na wa) (2016)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by ZLoth ZLoth 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

[attachment=0:49ie920a]yourname.png[/attachment:49ie920a]

From IMDB:

Mitsuha and Taki are complete strangers living separate lives until they suddenly switch places. Mitsuha wakes up in Taki’s body, and he in hers. This occurrence happens randomly, and they must adjust their lives around each other. Yet, somehow, it works. They build a connection by leaving notes for one another until they wish to finally meet. But something stronger than distance may keep them apart.

Saw this at a late night showing last night. This film was released in 2016, and has become the fourth highest grossing film in Japan cinema history and the second highest grossing Japanese film in Japan history, behind Sprited Away, Titanic, and Frozen. On the surface, it appears to be a romantic comedy, but as the film proceeds, there are some interesting twists. Thus, I am precluded from giving away a more detailed synopsis of the film as I will spoil some plot points. I will say that smartphones and comets are involved.

Highly recommended, but on a limited release.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed