Why narrating an audiobook is a LOT harder than you think

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media The Biz Why narrating an audiobook is a LOT harder than you think

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Earl Earl 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

From Radio Times:

Why narrating an audiobook is a LOT harder than you think
    We discovered firsthand the secrets of making audiobooks – and what makes narrators like Stephen Fry and Thandie Newton such pros

If you’ve managed to find your way here, the chances are you’ll agree with the following: most of the time, reading is pretty easy. You’re probably able to find your way around these words without a hitch. And these ones too.

Reading aloud? It’s a little harder, sure, but certainly manageable for most. But recording an entire audiobook? That’s probably more difficult than you first think. A lot more difficult.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Just doing a couple of hours of podcast recording is kind of exhausting for me. I’m not sure people understand the art of controlled breathing, and that you’re probably doing enough inhaling and exhaling – while talking – for a half-marathon. How the political talk radio blowhards (of any political leaning) just go on for hours on end, I will never know.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.