Why Is This 25-Year-Old Pinball Machine Still Popular?

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Phosphor Dot Fossils Arcade Gaming Why Is This 25-Year-Old Pinball Machine Still Popular?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Flack 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

From Smithsonian:

Why Is This 25-Year-Old Pinball Machine Still the Most Popular?
    You can even play a video-game version of this table

To those in the know, March 1992 is a watershed moment in the history of pinball.

That’s when The Addams Family—the pinball game, not the movie—premiered. It was based on the 1991 movie starring Raul Julia and Anjelica Huston as the married couple at the center of a strange family. The game has a quirky aesthetic that closely aligns with the spooky-ooky-ooky vibe of the film.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I don’t think I ever played that one, since I never saw the movie it was based on. If I did play it, it was probably at someplace like the Houston pinball show years back (the show that had a DJ playing crappy ’80s music so loud it gave me mild tinnitus) and it was a brief play. I have played Invaders From Mars far more, as far as modern machines go. That’s the one I tend to see every place now.

@Steve W wrote:

(the show that had a DJ playing crappy ’80s music so loud it gave me mild tinnitus)

Still a better live act than TV Death Squad. (Say it like “still a better love story than Twilight”.)

ZLoth
    ZLoth

I remember playing this game in between classes at American River College.

Flack
    Participant

I don’t know why it’s so popular, but it sure is. I had a friend recently trying to sell 3 tables. One of them was the Addam’s Family, and it was $1,000 more than the other two.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed