Why 'Batman Was The Box Office Blockbuster That Ruined Hollywood

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Sci-Fi On The Screen Why 'Batman Was The Box Office Blockbuster That Ruined Hollywood

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by ZLoth 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

From Forbes:

Why ‘Batman,’ Not ‘Star Wars,’ Was The Box Office Blockbuster That Ruined Hollywood

Today is June 23, 2019, making it the 30th anniversary of Tim Burton’s Batman. It’s no secret that the 1989 blockbuster was my favorite movie growing up and remains among my favorites to this day. Whether the Nolan movies (especially the first two) or Burton’s own Batman Returns remains the superior live-action Batman movie, the Michael Keaton/Jack Nicholson gothic action fantasy still holds up as a one-of-a-kind blockbuster spectacular. But it’s also the movie that, as I’ve noted here and there over the years, is responsible for many of the trends that led the theatrical industry to its current impasse. Looking back at its success, I maintain that Batman, not Star Wars (and certainly not Jaws), is the movie most responsible for the current Hollywood blockbuster.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.