VWORP!1

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Earl's previous regeneration Earl’s previous regeneration 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Honestly, forgot all about it. In fact, when I came home from that vacation, I never even took the book out of my luggage. I’ll hopefully remember to do it this time.

😆 That’s cool. I’m only asking because I may revise a few things, put different cover artwork on it, and call it the “50th anniversary edition” (to match the revised cover of VWORP!2 – what’s on display on the site now just never quite made me happy as I gradually fell out of love with the “insane random bric-a-brac” console of the early Smith years).

For those who have already put money down for the first edition – don’t panic. The revisions are minor (i.e. a note added to The Monster Of Peladon stating that the Ice Warriors don’t return until the 2013 episode Cold War), and I’m also hunting down things that need correcting. So if you find anything, let me know between now and, say, the end of June. Among other things, I’ve redone the cover to reflect feedback I got doing conventions last year; as much as I dug the cover artwork that I’d thrown together for VWORP!1, it seemed that quite a few folks didn’t like it so much, or couldn’t tell from a distance what it was about. I’ve stubbornly stuck with it this long because, dammit, I like my colorful console miniature photography project. But sometimes that’s not a good enough reason to go with it. Replacing it will be an original, non-screen-shot approximation of the early-Smith-era time vortex, complete with lightning.

(You saw ’em here first. It looks a lot better up close.)

I also had to cook up my own 50th anniversary logo that didn’t even remotely resemble the BBC’s logo. 😆

The cover of WARP!1, which is increasingly looking like it will only cover through the end of TNG and the TNG movies, will likely also change, since it too was a miniature photography mash-up.

VWORP!2 is in the editing stage. Fair warning: it’s another Very Big Book.

I’m hoping that maybe it’ll see the light of day in February.

VWORP!1 Second Edition is out now. Here’s a discount code if you’re interested.

VWORP!2 is finally done – a 500+ page monster.

Ordering links coming soon. First… I think I’m gonna take a nap.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

Any plans on doing a YouTube video advertising VWorp! the book?

“We’ve never lost an American in space, we’re sure as hell not gonna lose one on my watch! Failure is not an option.” – Gene Kranz

I’m trying to get acquainted with Lightworks as we speak.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed