Vote for the Lego ELO Spaceship set

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media Music Mr. Blue Sky Vote for the Lego ELO Spaceship set

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ubikuberalles ubikuberalles 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Little Lego Jeff Lynne for the win! [LINK]

In 1970, Jeff Lynne and friends formed the Electric Light Orchestra and fast became one of the most successful rock/pop acts of the 70’s and 80’s, with millions of records sold worldwide.

The band’s icon was originally based on a jukebox speaker design, but ELO’s interest in futuristic sounds and imagery soon turned the iconic red and yellow disc into a spaceship or space station which adorned the cover of many of their best-selling albums.

This LEGO version is a hand-held, “swooshable” version of that ship, complete with a cockpit that seats Jeff Lynne and his guitar! Thrusters on the bottom enable successful landings and takeoffs from any interplanetary surface! The Jeff Lynne minifigure sports his iconic large round sunglasses and shaggy mane.

To my utter amazement, this has more support than similar sets proposed for the iconic Journey “beetle ship” and the Boston UFO.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Done and done. I saw your FB post about it and immediately voted for it.

The Lego spaceship is, however, much MUCH smaller that what I imagined it to be. Here’s how it looks on the “Out of the Blue” album cover:

Maybe the Lego spaceship is more of a shuttle to the mother ship?

It’s the Captain’s Yacht. 😆

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Only 266 days left and only 364 supporters so far. Needs 10,000 to get approved. It doesn’t look so good. It needs help and someone needs to throw it down a line.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed