Twitch and BBC will stream 500 classic episodes of Doctor Who

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Doctor Who Twitch and BBC will stream 500 classic episodes of Doctor Who

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by ZLoth ZLoth 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

From The Verge:

Twitch and BBC will stream 500 classic episodes of Doctor Who

BBC and Twitch Presents have partnered to bring the majority of Doctor Who’s classic episodes — the ones that aired between 1963 and ‘89 — to the live-streaming service’s platform, starting on May 29th and ending seven weeks later. If you missed out on the show or have been interested in the hype around it, now’s a good time to catch up on its earliest seasons and meet the older doctors.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

Just as a heads up… each block of stories will be run three times per day.

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

…right when I’m moving and will have my PCs broken down. Arrrrrgh!

I know, I could do my own marathon from my media server at any time.

In other news, Babylon 5 returns to Amazon Prime in June.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

Watching during my shift. At one point, it hit 10,056 viewers… at 1 AM PT.

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

That’s not too shabby.

It reminds me of the chuckle I got from the on-screen graphic at the beginning of the most recent episode (Capaldi’s last) where they showed scenes from The Tenth Planet and the legend “…706 episodes ago…”

Well, here you go, interwebs. You’ve got a lot of catching up to do. There will be a quiz.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

You should have seen how ape-shit the room went when episode 3 of The Web Of Fear aired this morning. I really wish they aired a disclaimer prior to the showing of this episode.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by ZLoth ZLoth.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by ZLoth ZLoth.
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

The Twitch marathon concludes on Monday. It’s replacement… Knight Rider.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

You should have seen how ape-shit the room went when episode 3 of The Web Of Fear aired this morning. I really wish they aired a disclaimer prior to the showing of this episode.

Wait, what? Was episode 3 found, finally? (Someone paid the ransom money?) Or did they go ape shit over the series of still pictures shown in Episode 3 instead of live action?

ZLoth
    ZLoth

They went ape-shit over a series of still pictures and audio.

I knew the story of what had happened. I didn’t want to miss this opportunity to see the first appearance of the Brig.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.