Twilight Zone 4.0, coming in 2019 to UPN…I mean CBS…All Access

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Sci-Fi On The Screen Twilight Zone 4.0, coming in 2019 to UPN…I mean CBS…All Access

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    EarlEarl
    Keymaster

I really like the choice of Peele as showrunner and host. And I look forward to having something other than Discovery to watch on CBSAA.

EarlEarl
    Keymaster

Anyone else watching this? I’ve started a guide: [LINK]

I like it so far, though the sheer length of the first segment was a bit off-putting if you’re accustomed to Twilight Zone being 25 minutes long, or multiple stories in a 25 or 45 minute time frame.

The sheer amount of profanity is a bit off-putting. Is it realistic given the situations? Probably. Could the story have been told without it? Probably. This kind of reminds me of the early days of original programming on premium cable – “Hey, we’re on HBO/Cinemax/Showtime/etc.! There has to be a gratuitous sex scene in it somewhere. We’re on cable now.” The extreme deployment of profanity limits the audience and the likelihood of replay/rebroadcast down the road. But hey, guys, it’s y’all’s show. With Jordan Peele on board, and judging by the “this season” trailer at the end of the first show, it looks like some real hard-hitting social issues will be addressed…why limit the audience for that?

The reworking of Nightmare At 20,000 Feet was very nicely done – 37 minutes long, so closer to the mark on time, and less of the swearing-for-its-own-sake. And it was different enough from the original to finally be its own animal, not just swapping Shatner out for Lithgow.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.