Trek novelist A.C. Crispin is dying of cancer

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Star Trek Star Trek Books Trek novelist A.C. Crispin is dying of cancer

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ZLoth ZLoth 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dammit. [LINK] From startrek.com:

Ann Crispin is saying goodbye, farewell and thank you. The acclaimed author of her own, original StarBridge series and novels set in the Star Wars, V, Alien and Pirates of the Caribbean universes, as well as, of course, such beloved and bestselling Star Trek tales as Yesterday’s Son, Sarek and Time for Yesterday, has revealed that she’s nearing the end of a protracted battle against cancer.

“I’ve been hesitant to make this post, but it’s time,” Crispin – whose pen name is A.C. Crispin — wrote today on her Facebook page. “I want to thank you all for your good wishes and prayers. I fear my condition is deteriorating. I am doing the best I can to be positive but I probably don’t have an awful lot of time left. I want you all to know that I am receiving excellent care and am surrounded by family and friends.

“I wish all aspiring writers the will to finish and a good contract. Please continue to monitor Writer Beware and be careful who you sign with. Victoria Strauss and Richard White are there to help.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

AC Crispin, Author and Advocate, Dies at Age 63

“We’ve never lost an American in space, we’re sure as hell not gonna lose one on my watch! Failure is not an option.” – Gene Kranz

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed