Torchwood: Miracle Day

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

I spent the afternoon watching all of Torchwood: Miracle Day. It was good, but agree with some of the critics: the 10 episode arc could have been done a lot better in only 5 episodes. Also continuity problems with the Doctor who universe abounded (Wasn’t there supposed to be a spider living in the center of the Earth as established in one of the Christmas specials?).

Certain portions of the show just irritated me. For example, they spent a big portion of one episode pulling a lame McGyver act making an antidote for the poison Jack just ingested. Really? What a waste of time that was.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I like how Jack mentioned the Racnoss (the giant spiders, actually in a gigantic starship laying dormant at the Earth’s core) and the Silurians after first seeing the whatever-it-is for the first time. And it wasn’t supposed to go completely through the Earth’s core, just bypassing it a bit, since the two towns the object was centered over don’t exactly line up that way. Still, it was an interesting premise let down by the length of its execution. That McGyver style episode seemed like it was a filler, honestly. It felt to me like they had created Miracle Day as another five episode mini-series that was ordered to be expanded by some network mandate or something, so they made an episode about the ‘concentration camp’ commander and getting back at him for Rex’s doctor semi-girlfriend’s death. If the series had been distilled down to five episodes, it could have been pretty good. As is, it’s only a fair bit of entertainment. I can understand why it’s not going to come back.

Happy day! You can relive all the fun of Miracle Day soon on BBC America. How much you wanna bet it’s edited down fiercely? [LINK]

BBC America has announced it will be airing the fourth series of Torchwood on its channel starting in September. This will be the first time Miracle Day has been shown in the US on a basic cable channel. The series originally aired in 2011 on the premium cable channel Starz.

All episodes will broadcast on Saturday at 9pm ET/PT.

Episode 1: The New World – September 14th
    Episode 2: Rendition – September 21st
    Episode 3: Dead Of Night – September 28th
    Episode 4: Escape To LA – October 5th
    Episode 5: The Categories Of Life – October 12th
    Episode 6: The Middle Men – October 19th
    Episode 7: Immortal Sins – October 26th
    Episode 8: End Of The Road – November 2nd
    Episode 9: The Gathering – November 9th
    Episode 10: The Blood Line – November 16th

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I would wager that with some liberal and creative editing, it could be condensed down to six or seven episodes and would be all the better as a result. Stick with the core storyline and don’t deviate too much into unnecessary character fluff, and you’d have a more viewable show.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed