Things to look forward to on the small screen…

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Sci-Fi On The Screen Things to look forward to on the small screen…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Doom Patrol – February 15th on DC Universe streaming service

Cosmos Season 2 – March 4th on Fox & National Geographic Channel

American Gods Season 2 – March 10th on Starz

Twilight Zone v4.0 – April 1st on CBS All Access

Good Omens – May 31st on Amazon Prime

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 7 – August or later? on Disney+ streaming service

…add to that stuff that doesn’t have a trailer yet, such as the Picard Star Trek spinoff, The Mandalorian (Star Wars spinoff), the Loki series on Disney+, and…this might be a busy year.

I remember in the ’90s, when theLogbook was really hitting its stride, there was just about enough stuff for 2-3 writers to keep up with – various Treks, Babylon 5, Xena, Highlander, etc. – and now…it’s starting to look like I’ll need a staff of ten just to keep up.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Doom Patrol is looking pretty bizarre and interesting. The others, I’ll watch in passing but don’t have as much of a desire to seek them out. I didn’t get around to watching the new version of Cosmos even though I love Neil DeGrasse Tyson, I don’t care about Star Wars enough to watch anything else from them, I don’t know a thing about Good Omens, never watched American Gods even though I heard it was pretty good, and there’s yet another attempt to remake The Twilight Zone even though the original cannot fundamentally be bettered. That one I might bother watching since I’ve subscribed to CBS All Access rather than get my Discovery episodes through ulterior means.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Geez. I forgot Game of Thrones’ final season.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I’m actually happy to find that Hot Streets has a second season that just started on Adult Swim. It’s a bat-guano crazy animated show about a special team that deals with things like mummy outbreaks, alien centaur time travelers stealing horses from the Old West, or invasions from interdimensional snake gods. Crap, is this show weird. I really like that Adult Swim tends to pick up bizarre programs like this, and others like Tigtone or Ballmasterz 9009.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

So, I’m watching a new episode of the animated show Hot Streets and I realize the voice of the deposed king of the planet Rios-9 is none other than Jeffrey Combs, a.k.a. Captain Shran from Star Trek: Enterprise amongst loads of other characters throughout Star Trek history. Then there’s a flashback scene, and notice that the one short line spoken by a character is Johnathan Frakes. Justin Roiland of Rick & Morty fame works on the show, I wonder if his love of hiring science-fiction actors to do voices has rubbed off on these guys.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.