Things to look forward to on the small screen…

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Sci-Fi On The Screen Things to look forward to on the small screen…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Earl Earl 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Doom Patrol – February 15th on DC Universe streaming service

Cosmos Season 2 – March 4th on Fox & National Geographic Channel

American Gods Season 2 – March 10th on Starz

Twilight Zone v4.0 – April 1st on CBS All Access

Good Omens – May 31st on Amazon Prime

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 7 – August or later? on Disney+ streaming service

…add to that stuff that doesn’t have a trailer yet, such as the Picard Star Trek spinoff, The Mandalorian (Star Wars spinoff), the Loki series on Disney+, and…this might be a busy year.

I remember in the ’90s, when theLogbook was really hitting its stride, there was just about enough stuff for 2-3 writers to keep up with – various Treks, Babylon 5, Xena, Highlander, etc. – and now…it’s starting to look like I’ll need a staff of ten just to keep up.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Doom Patrol is looking pretty bizarre and interesting. The others, I’ll watch in passing but don’t have as much of a desire to seek them out. I didn’t get around to watching the new version of Cosmos even though I love Neil DeGrasse Tyson, I don’t care about Star Wars enough to watch anything else from them, I don’t know a thing about Good Omens, never watched American Gods even though I heard it was pretty good, and there’s yet another attempt to remake The Twilight Zone even though the original cannot fundamentally be bettered. That one I might bother watching since I’ve subscribed to CBS All Access rather than get my Discovery episodes through ulterior means.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Geez. I forgot Game of Thrones’ final season.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I’m actually happy to find that Hot Streets has a second season that just started on Adult Swim. It’s a bat-guano crazy animated show about a special team that deals with things like mummy outbreaks, alien centaur time travelers stealing horses from the Old West, or invasions from interdimensional snake gods. Crap, is this show weird. I really like that Adult Swim tends to pick up bizarre programs like this, and others like Tigtone or Ballmasterz 9009.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

So, I’m watching a new episode of the animated show Hot Streets and I realize the voice of the deposed king of the planet Rios-9 is none other than Jeffrey Combs, a.k.a. Captain Shran from Star Trek: Enterprise amongst loads of other characters throughout Star Trek history. Then there’s a flashback scene, and notice that the one short line spoken by a character is Johnathan Frakes. Justin Roiland of Rick & Morty fame works on the show, I wonder if his love of hiring science-fiction actors to do voices has rubbed off on these guys.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

This looks interesting.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

I didn’t know that anyone was taking another swipe at this character, much less for a series. It’ll be kind of difficult to put the Wes Craven version of the character out of my mind, though. This will be starting on DC Universe after Doom Patrol finishes its season.

Fun fact: for the longest time – we’re talking years – I apparently mentally conflated Swamp Thing with Troma’s Toxic Avenger. Don’t ask me why.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.