The Wilhelm Scream

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by ubikuberalles ubikuberalles 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

The original article with Video

The list of the movies from the video.

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

I need to isolate a good clean Wilhelm and throw it into the podcast at some point, just to see if anyone notices.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

When you listen to the Wilhelm scream over and over in a short amount of time, your brain is able to focus on that sound exclusively and you are able to pick it out of any random movie without hesitation. At least that’s what happened to me about five or six years ago when I watched this video several times over: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdbYsoEasio

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

The problem is, it’s overused at this point. It started out as a sound engineers in-joke and now everybody knows about it. The TV show The Middleman had one in every episode. Maybe it’s time to retire it and move on.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

I agree. Whenever I hear it I’m taken out of the movie and think about the Wilhelm scream instead of the movie. It’s particularly annoying when I hear it in a movie theater where I paid $10+ to see the film.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.