The War Doctor

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m elated they saw fit to do this in the 5″ scale instead of the new “Star Wars” scale. Why do I have a feeling the scale change hasn’t helped sales?

THE OTHER DOCTOR, available across the UK and Ireland in February 2014

The ‘Other Doctor’ is the Doctor’s dark chapter, an _hitherto unknown incarnation whose existence he has spent centuries repressing, a secret he wants no one to know of. He is a relic of the past, part of the great Time War, when he spent centuries fighting alongside his fellow Time Lords against the Daleks and made the final decision to end it with a desperate act that cost that incarnation the right to use the name “Doctor”. This haunted and battle-worn Other Doctor is finally forgiven after helping find a new solution to end the war, giving the Eleventh Doctor a new purpose as he heads into further adventures.

The Other Doctor, as seen in the 50th anniversary episode: “The Day of the Doctor”.
    Ages 5+. Action Figure measures 5 inches tall.

Contents:
    The Other Doctor Action Figure.
    The Other Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver Accessory.
    The Moment Accessory.
    The Eighth Doctor alternate head.

[attachment=1:1aq8hv9b]wardoctor.png[/attachment:1aq8hv9b]

[attachment=0:1aq8hv9b]eighthdoctor.png[/attachment:1aq8hv9b]

Now, the McGann head is kinda silly – McGann is never seen in that outfit – but it’s a nice touch for those who just want to pretend that the War-huh!-good-God-what’s-it-good-for! Doctor never existed. 😆 Since they’ve sculpted the head, I’m hoping there’s a proper “latter day eighth Doctor” waiting to happen. (Dare we hope for a Big Finish eighth Doctor?)

Finally landed one of these…

Pretty nice. I like the unique packaging too.

I should send him on adventures with the “flying” spinoff K-9, just because it’d be a perverse pairing.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Actually, the flying K-9 would be awesome if it were wedged into the standard Doctor Who universe. After all, Matt Smith’s Doctor already mentioned that he used to have a flying dog.

I don’t like the fact that his name is “The Other Doctor”, when he was called “The War Doctor” on the show that introduced him.

I would think that if they bothered making a new Paul McGann head sculpt, they’ve probably got plans to make a ‘late edition’ 8th Doctor figure. It’s just a matter of time, I’d wager.

Funny you should mention that, because speculation about this year’s San Diego Comic Con exclusive figure is running rampant, but is settling mainly on one of two possibilities. It’s known that the SDCC product will be a two-pack, and the most common recurring rumors are either:

Peter Capaldi + Clara

or

“Late” McGann + young John Hurt (which would be a headswap figure that would make sense – the War Doctor outfit with a McGann head really doesn’t make sense).

I’d be happy with either one. Now watch it be a pair of Daleks that we already have.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

It could be a McGann figure along with a generic Sisterhood of Karn figure (with a face that doesn’t match any of the actresses, so they won’t have to pay for anyone’s likenesses).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed