The Thirteenth Doctor gets an action figure after all

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Collectibles The Thirteenth Doctor gets an action figure after all

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Earl Earl 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

The news is actually pretty old, but I totally missed it because I was moving at the time. Those of us who invested so heavily in the 5.5″ Doctor Who figure line get to stay current. [LINK]

This figure will be available in the USA exclusively from http://www.tootstoys.com.

This is not a Character product – seven20 now have an independent license to manufacture and distribute their own products in the USA with Character’s license covering the UK.

There is no word on a Character 5.5″ figure for the UK market at the moment.

A quick check of the Toots Toys Doctor Who page [LINK]… this is a toy company after my own heart. They’re NOT charging insane prices for imported figures. The prices are pretty much in line with what I’d pay for a Star Wars figure in the States.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

And here she is. [LINK]

The Doctor

Character Options has announced details of the next item in its 2018 Doctor Who collection; a 5.5” scale figure of the Thirteenth Doctor, played by Jodie Whittaker.

Renowned for its highly detailed 5.5” scale figures, this latest collectible from Character will delight fans who are celebrating the brand-new TV series which launched on BBC One on 7th October.

The figure depicts the newly regenerated Time Lord dressed in her high-waisted culottes, rainbow-striped dark blue shirt and coat. Carrying the essential Sonic Screwdriver, the figure comes with multiple points of articulation.

The new figure will be available from late December for £12.99. It can be pre-ordered from 1st December 2018.

I’m a bit annoyed that they didn’t roll out a box set with the Doctor, Yaz, Graham and Ryan…but I’m also not surprised that didn’t happen.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

OK…so I did receive mine, though not from Toot’s Toys, which appears to have taken everyone’s money without delivering anything. (Comments on their Facebook page of late have gotten interesting, and have also started to get deleted. Trying to recover my money via Paypal now.) I ordered mine direct from the UK.

Great figure, but…surely adding just one more skillfully blended color to the paint application for her hair would’ve visually sold this as “brunette roots showing through blonde hair” and not “a space centipede crawled up there and died”.

It’s been a long time since I broke out the paint to customize an action figure …but I think I have to in this case. It’s just bugging me too much.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.