The Orville

This topic contains 33 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by ubikuberalles ubikuberalles 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

I’m not really all that engaged with it, mainly because of the frat-boy humor that falls flat sometimes.

I think that will be the biggest legitimate complaint of the show. It shows that they haven’t figured out the proper tone for the show. It also shows a major inconsistency in the show and, until they figure out what their tone is, they are going to lose viewers. At the very least the critics will not shut up. In fact, they may become more strident in their complaints.

I haven’t gone as far as fast-forwarding past all the frat-boy humor but I might consider it in the future.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Well, the last episode Into The Fold was pretty good. Just enough humor without overstaying its welcome or making my eyes roll. The thing that really stands out about this one was that the Doctor stated “they might not value life, but we do” at the end. But didn’t she stab and shoot a guy who hadn’t really harmed her earlier? A guy who was basically trying to protect her from cannibals? A bit hypocritical, Doc.

A very Trek-ky episode, I liked it. Didn’t feel the need to fast-forward at all.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

The Orville has been renewed for a second season.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Yes, she was harsh in that episode. Bad-ass, even. I did cringe a little when she made that little “value life” speech.

“Into the Fold” didn’t have the stinging social commentary the previous episode did, but it did have a similar moral to the story. In “Majority Rule”, Lamar pulls a frat boy stunt while on a mission and is prosecuted for it by the native population. In “Into the Fold”, the Doctor’s kids act like, well, kids and cause the shuttle to fly out of control. The moral, of course, is “immature behavior is bad”. Or something like that.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed