The official ELO book, by Jeff Lynne

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media Music Mr. Blue Sky The official ELO book, by Jeff Lynne

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Earl Earl 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

No, really. Spoiler: if it’s published by Genesis, it’s gonna be freakin’ expensive. [LINK]

Coming soon: a stunningly produced limited edition book celebrating the genius of Jeff Lynne and his musical vision.

Featuring documentary photography, tour ephemera and memorabilia, and original text commentary, each numbered copy will be signed by the author, Jeff Lynne.

I’m interested in the book, but based on the price tags I’ve seen on past Genesis publications, I’m not too interested in the cost.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Define “freakin’ expensive” please: low hundreds? High hundreds? Thousands? With my new house and those high house payments, I may not be able to afford it but it might be cheaper than a road trip to Dallas, Denver or wherever to watch an ELO concert. More permanent too (unless I buy a program or a T-shirt at the concert).

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

The same publisher did the Traveling Wilburys book, which ran about 300 pounds…according to xe.com, at least at today’s exchange rate, that’s $401. For a book.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Okay…low hundreds for a book about one concert? Uh…no. [LINK]

ELO

On 24th June 2017, Jeff Lynne transformed Wembley Stadium into one of the greatest rock’n’roll spectacles of all time. Accompanied by his 12-piece band against a dazzling backdrop of pyrotechnics, lasers and a giant illuminated spaceship, for over two hours Lynne performed his group’s most extensive set list to date. From vintage ELO classics such as ‘Mr. Blue Sky’, ‘Evil Woman’ and ‘Livin’ Thing’ to ‘Do Ya’ from his days with The Move, and from ‘Handle With Care’ recorded with the Traveling Wilburys through to ‘When I Was A Boy’ from his latest ELO album Alone In The Universe, the career-spanning concert was performed for a capacity crowd of 60,000 fans.

Chronicling the show’s meticulous production and offering a rare insight into Jeff Lynne’s musical vision, WEMBLEY OR BUST documents Lynne’s historic homecoming in an official book and vinyl set. Limited to only 1,500 numbered copies worldwide, each hand-bound book is signed by the author, Jeff Lynne. He tells the story behind the concert and reflects on each of the show’s songs, drawn from the catalogue of ELO albums that have sold more than 50 million records to date.

The first 350 copies in the edition, numbered from 1 to 350, are Deluxe copies. These copies feature a distinctive blue leather quarter binding with gilt foiling and page edging. Additionally, the Deluxe copies include a specially designed ELO spaceship cutout, referencing the model that came with ELO’s famous 1977 double album Out of The Blue. The 7″ vinyl picture disc is exclusive to the limited edition and features two live recordings from the historic Wembley concert, ‘Don’t Bring Me Down’ and ‘Xanadu’.

For the making of this book, Jeff Lynne’s ELO was dramatically captured in thousands of photographs at Wembley Stadium, taken from all vantage points inside the iconic London venue. The result is a beautifully illustrated volume reproducing hundreds of original photographs, from backstage to front of house, plus tour memorabilia and ephemera.

Deluxe – £495
    Collector – £245

According to xe.com, that’s $691.76 and $342.38 respectively. Golly, I better get two, one to read, and one to leave in the plastic wrap!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.