The Making of The Empire Strikes Back

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Star Wars Novels & Comics The Making of The Empire Strikes Back

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Flack
    Participant

I received a hard copy of this book for Christmas and I have to say it is simply amazing. It’s almost 400 pages of stories about the making of The Empire Strikes Back, and also contains hundreds of behind the scenes photographs, most of which were new to me (which is saying something). There are pictures of basically ever scene that was cut from the film, too (multiple photos of Snowtroopers getting attack by Wampas in the Rebel Base, for example). There’s a great picture of David Prowse (Darth Vader) standing next to Peter Mahew (Chewbacca), both in costume but without their masks on. There are just tons and tons of great pictures like that.

There’s also a Making of Star Wars book from 2007 that I would like to pick up. It’s available in both paperback and hardback, but based on the photographs in this one, I will be tracking down the hardback version. There are also books for the making of all the new films out, but I looked at one and to be honest I just saw a lot of pictures of people in costume standing in front of green screens, which doesn’t look all that exciting to me.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

How much did the book cost? It sounds interesting. There’s plenty of information out there about the creation of the first film, but I haven’t seen all that much about the making of Empire. And as far as I’m concerned, the high point of the movie series.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed