The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction General SF The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Whaaaaaat? Where there even a whisper of this prior to the announcement? [LINK]

The Dark Crystal: Age Of Resistance, a prequel series to The Jim Henson Company’s groundbreaking 1982 feature The Dark Crystal has landed at Netflix, with shooting slated to begin this fall. Feature helmer Louis Leterrier (Now You See Me, The Incredible Hulk) will executive produce the series and direct.

The 10-episode fantasy adventure series takes place many years before the events of the film. The series will be shot in the UK and will star an ensemble of fantastical, state-of-the-art creatures created by Jim Henson’s Creature Shop and Brian Froud, the original feature’s conceptual designer.

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance will be a Netflix original series produced by The Jim Henson Company and executive produced by Letterier, Lisa Henson and Halle Stanford. Longtime Henson collaborator Rita Peruggi will serve as producer and Henson’s Blanca Lista will serve as a co-executive producer. Leading the writing are co-executive producers Jeffrey Addiss and Will Matthews (Life in a Year), and Javier Grillo-Marxuach (Lost, The 100).

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Man, Netflix is really going above and beyond when it comes to programming. I believe (If I remember the quote properly) that they’re spending $6 billion on programs, compared with $5.5 billion at ABC. They love bringing back shows that most networks wouldn’t bother with, like MST3K. And Star Trek: Discovery, which they’ve essentially paid for even though they didn’t commission it. Now they’re working with Henson, maybe they can bring back Farscape! Ben Browder is still in good shape, from his cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Although it was kind of hard to tell, what with him being spray-painted metallic gold and all.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by Steve W Steve W.
    • This reply was modified 5 months ago by Steve W Steve W.
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Since they’ve got such a good relationship with JMS from Sense8, I’d like to see them continue Crusade, the Babylon 5 spinoff.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I can’t see Crusade coming back. If they’re setting in within the five year story arc, how would they explain why everybody looks so much older, doughier, and middle-aged? Other than a time distortion that aged everybody up a good 20 years.

They could do a reboot of Crusade, that would make more sense. But to be honest, I don’t want any more continuations and/or extensions of the Babylon 5 universe. They seem to get less and less interesting with each iteration. That sleeping dog right there, let it lie.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed