‘The Culling Has Begun’: Inside the iHeartMedia Layoffs

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media The Biz ‘The Culling Has Begun’: Inside the iHeartMedia Layoffs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ZLothZLoth

From Rolling Stone:

‘The Culling Has Begun’: Inside the iHeartMedia Layoffs
    The largest radio company in America cut a number of employees this week, dealing a blow to local radio across the country

The largest radio conglomerate in the country, iHeartMedia, initiated a round of mass layoffs this week, cutting enough people that one former on-air host described Tuesday as “one of the worst days in on-air radio history.” The layoffs were concentrated in small and medium markets, where staffs had already been reduced, striking another major blow to local radio.

FULL ARTICLE HERE

“All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can’t get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.” —IBM Manual, 1925

ubikuberallesubikuberalles

Meh. We have a bunch of iHeart stations in ABQ. About 30, I think. Many of them have local DJs; certainly the stations I listen to have local DJs. Morning shows with local personalities are the big money makers here. I guess I should not be surprised if they get replaced with a computerized playlist or non-local personalities.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.