The 12th Doctor’s Second Sonic Screwdriver

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Doctor Who Collectibles The 12th Doctor’s Second Sonic Screwdriver

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Earl's previous regeneration Earl’s previous regeneration 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Have we seen it do anything on screen yet aside from be disgorged by the TARDIS? No.

Can you buy a noisy toy of it with loads of blinky lights? Yes.

😆 And no doubt I’ll be unable to resist getting one.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Do you think that new Sonic Screwdriver designs are only created because BBC International want to license out the design to more toy companies?

The last time I went into a Hastings there was an awful lot of utterly useless Doctor Who junk on the shelves. It’s not just figures (although they had very few at that time), they have loads of garbage that I can’t figure out who it might be targeted to. It makes me not want to check out any new DW merchandise.

@Steve W wrote:

Do you think that new Sonic Screwdriver designs are only created because BBC International want to license out the design to more toy companies?

You better believe it. I kind of have a sneaking suspicious that if any current Doctor wanted to stay more than 4 years, they’d probably be shown to the door anyway. Sticking around for five years? That doesn’t sell action figures and vinyl pop figures and posters and lunchboxes. The ever-renewing nature of the show is the secret of its longevity, but the BBC almost certainly sees it as a marketing bonanza.

I wonder what new logo the show will have in 2018?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed