Syfy orders Nightflyers pilot, has option on Wild Cards

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction American / Canadian SF Syfy orders Nightflyers pilot, has option on Wild Cards

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

“Did George R.R. Martin write anything before Game Of Thrones?”
    “Why, sure, boss, there was Nightflyers and…”
    “BUY IT!” [LINK]

Syfy has greenlighted a pilot for Nightflyers, a supernatural thriller based on the novella by George R.R. Martin (Game of Thrones) and the 1987 film. Additionally, I hear that the project, from Universal Cable Prods. and studio-based Hypnotic (USA’s Suits), is in the process of setting up a writers room to generate backup scripts in preparation for a potential series pickup.

Nightflyers is executive produced by Gene Klein, David Bartis and Doug Liman of Hypnotic; Buhler; Alison Rosenzweig and Michael Gaeta of Gaeta Rosenzweig Films; Lloyd Ivan Miller and Alice P. Neuhauser of Lloyd Ivan Miller Productions. Robert Jaffe, writer and producer of the 1987 Nightflyers feature adaptation, produces.

Nightflyers is one of two Martin literary properties that had been optioned by Syfy sibling UCP for TV series, along with Wild Cards. Martin is not involved in the projects as he is under an exclusive deal at HBO.

Kinda odd that Jaffe has a finger in the pie. I wonder if he had some sort of long-standing option on the book that grandfathered him into the series adaptation?

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I was just watching episodes of Space: Above and Beyond, and I got my hopes up for a minute that Wild Cards was somehow going to be a reboot of that property (the 58th Squadron’s callsign was Wild Cards). A good little show, let down a little by the very ’90s CG.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed