Stranger Things have happened in this Grammy category…

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Media Music Soundtracks Stranger Things have happened in this Grammy category…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Earl's previous regeneration Earl’s previous regeneration 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Seems like you’re just asking to have your own vote split there. Reminds me of the days of Babylon 5, when JMS would only allow one B5 episode to be Hugo-nominated; these days the Doctor Who production team still makes the error of submitting multiple episodes for nomination, thus splitting their own vote. [LINK]

Stranger Things got two Emmy nominations this morning, both in the same category: Best Score Soundtrack For Visual Media. Poor Stranger Things is going to split the vote against itself, isn’t it?

Stranger Things did have a great score, but it also had so much of one that it was released in two volumes. Both were nominated and now a win for Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein (half of the band S U R V I V E) depends on Grammy voters agreeing on which volume was better. Here’s the full category:

Best Score Soundtrack For Visual Media:

Bridge Of Spies — Thomas Newman, composer

Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight — Ennio Morricone, composer

The Revenant — Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto, composers

Star Wars: The Force Awakens — John Williams, composer

Stranger Things Volume 1 — Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein, composers

Stranger Things Volume 2 — Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein, composers

Or the voters could just go with the most famous name on this list, the venerable John Williams.

With all due respect to Dixon & Stein, I’d say this is more than likely a contest between Williams and Ennio.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed