Starbase Studios open house – March 14th

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Star Trek Fan Films Starbase Studios open house – March 14th

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Beware the ides of March…but spend the day before it in the 23rd century. [LINK]

Visit Starbase Studios’ Open House for your chance to step onto a full 360 degree, Constitution
    Class Starship Bridge and get a picture sitting in the Captain’s Chair.

Visit the newly constructed Sick Bay and Transporter Room sets.
    Meet members of the 1701st Fleet International Fan Association.
    See Displays from the Star Trek Modelers Group.
    Meet Cast and Crew from some of your favorite Star Trek fan films and more!

Open House, Saturday March 14th, 2015

This is the awesome fan film set we visited last year, only now they’ve got the sick bay and transporter room done.

I tried to get my picture taken in the captain’s chair last year, but… ship shaking… you know the drill. (Actually, it wasn’t central/northern Oklahoma’s renowned earthquakes, it was a six-year-old holding the camera. 😆 )

Strongly considering going, if time and budget allow. It’d be nice to go to one of these when it’s not summer (the tagline for last year’s set visit was “the humid adventure is just beginning”).

And this time Little E is gonna drive.

BIG NEWS!…well, to me, anyway.

The owners of Starbase Studios lost the lease on their rented warehouse studio space in Oklahoma City, and they had to launch into a search for a space of similar – or hopefully larger – size that they could afford. (Hopefully larger because they’re wanting to build more of the sets, such as TOS crew quarters, etc.)

And they’ve landed in Mountain Home, Arkansas. I just found this out a little while ago; the set pieces are being moved and re-assembled right now.

This is less of a drive from where I am than Oklahoma City is. One could conceivably go to Arkadia, then drive about two hours east, and you’re there. I’m kind of excited.

If the Stafford Air & Space Museum will just kindly move east now, all my happy places would be a lot closer to home. 😛

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

My sister has recently moved to Newport, Arkansas. She wants some family members to visit her, my mom wants me to drive her up there, but it’s a very, very long way to go. Mountain Home is still a two-hour drive away from Newport, I don’t think I’ll get the chance to visit. I’d love to, though, since I would sort-of be in the area.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed