Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Star Trek Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    EarlEarl
    Keymaster

Oh yeah. Fandom relentlessly crowed about the best part of season 2 of Discovery, they tested the waters in the shorts, and I think we have been heard. [LINK]

The Crew

CBS All Access today announced a series order for Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, based on the years Captain Christopher Pike manned the helm of the U.S.S. Enterprise. The series will feature fan favorites from season two of Star Trek: Discovery, Anson Mount as Captain Christopher Pike, Rebecca Romijn as Number One and Ethan Peck as Science Officer Spock. The series will follow Captain Pike, Science Officer Spock and Number One in the decade before Captain Kirk boarded the U.S.S. Enterprise, as they explore new worlds around the galaxy.

The series premiere was written by Akiva Goldsman with the story by Akiva Goldsman, Alex Kurtzman and Jenny Lumet. Goldsman, Kurtzman and Lumet will serve as executive producers in addition to Henry Alonso Myers, Heather Kadin, Rod Roddenberry and Trevor Roth. Aaron Baiers, Akela Cooper and Davy Perez will serve as co-executive producers. Akiva Goldsman will remain an executive producer and a key part of the creative team on Star Trek: Picard as well. The series will be produced by CBS Television Studios, Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment.

I’m really, really jazzed about this. I’m hoping it’s more episodic – I mean, I know that, modern TV being what it is, there’ll be some kind of story arc going on, but let’s take a cue from early RTD-era Doctor Who, or early Babylon 5: let the arc build up to the final in the background, but keep the foreground episodic.

I am totally on board the very clear messaging about a more optimistic Trek. I think Discovery and Picard have both been that in their own way, but they got real dark for contrast’s sake; I’m ready for the Planet of the Week show again.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.