Star Trek: Discovery – it’s another prequel

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Star Trek Star Trek: Discovery – it’s another prequel

This topic contains 125 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Earl Earl 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Worked for Steve Jobs when he got the Mac design work done. 😉 However, in this era of #metoo it’s a methodology that’s frowned on and proven not to work well. Especially in the arts. I mean, if I were a writer, I’d be more inspired to be more creative and get the job done if my producer was doing stuff to inspire me (brain storms, team activities, etc.) instead of yelling at me. Yelling may motivate me to get the job done but it’s not going to be quality work.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

It’s the season 2 poster image! And…wait, as that the weird undulating firebird-shaped thing from the middle of the “forehead” of the creature Zoltar used to answer to/grovel before in Battle of the Planets?

Star Trek: Discovery

…because that’s the first thing I thought of when I saw it. 😆

Impervious Leader

ZLoth
    ZLoth

You sure? Looks like something from Chōjin Sentai Jetman (grins).

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Season premiere: January 17th, 2019. (2.5 weeks after The Orville’s season premiere.) And, oh hey, new trailer with Spock and Pike and hairy Klingons!

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I liked it. Looks like they’re trying to backpedal their drastic re-designs and shut up all the armchair critics gnashing their teeth that Discovery doesn’t adhere to their notion of canon. Canon that’s been cobbled together through unofficial sources and licensed books by iffy writers, filled with contradictory info that people choose to embrace or discard at their own whim. Meanwhile Roddenberry himself decided that The Animated Series was no longer in canon, and that was an actual TV series – I think people should shut up about canon since it’s been shown to be highly flexible when the needs arise. There’s a reason why Disney jettisoned everything other than officially released Star Wars movies and productions. I’m actually shocked it took them so long to deliberate on it instead of instantly announcing that the hundreds of novels are all horrible crap and it’s being chucked in the bin.

We finally have Star Trek back, and people online are trying as hard as they can to torpedo it. All because the series has the gall to not be The Next Generation, the first Trek show I’m sure all of them ever saw.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

More NYCCC news – one word:

Talosians.

Sounds like it’s gonna be a cage match to me…

Also, I’m really impressed with how much they made Rebecca Romjin look like Majel’s character from the original pilot, 52 years later.

All this isn’t bad for a failed pilot, is it? I hear you on online fandom insisting on shooting itself in the foot with a bazooka. I went to search Youtube for the above trailer, and in addition to the above trailer, the search results also included lots of fan video thinkpieces on why the new trailer spells TEH END OF STAR TREK!!!1!!!1!!!one!!!

Amazing how it’s failing so hard that nearly half a dozen spinoff projects are said to be in the works. Give me some of that kind of failure any day.

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.