Star Trek: Discovery – it’s another prequel

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Star Trek 22nd / 23rd Century Star Trek: Discovery – it’s another prequel

This topic contains 95 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Earl Earl 2 days, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 91 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Author

k8track
    Participant

Just want to say that I pretty much love this series now. I got to the point where I was really looking forward to each weekly episode. I excitedly await the second half of the season in January. Really love the character development. I very much love how the ship jumps from one point to the next; we’ve never seen a starship move like that before. I still think that if you changed a few of the names, you could simply say this occurs 100 years after Voyager and it would make total sense. I’m still going with that it’s simply set in a different quantum reality than what we’ve previously seen.

Can’t wait for this to start back up in January.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

I’m in the same boat with you – I’m really digging it and I totally see the Star Trek DNA in it.

But my previous question stands: WTF, Lorca!?

k8track
    Participant

I also really love the Mission Log Live episodes with Ken and John that air two days afterward. There’s this one really crazy guy that keeps calling in from Arkansas. He’s more entertaining than a rooster on crack.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Weird thing – I keep telling Brandon (their backline producer who lines up the incoming calls etc.) to put me at the back because I’ve been on before; give other people a chance. Somewhere between him, John and Ken, I keep getting pulled back up to the front. It’s like I can’t not show up. With that in mind, I’ve gotten a bit self-conscious about making sure I’ve got something really worth discussing before I even plug the camera in and get in the queue, otherwise I’ll sit out that week. It’s not the Earl Show.

I loved the guy who called in from a room full of pinball machines. Dude, I’ll be right over.

k8track
    Participant

I’ve never watched the video version. I always download the audio version and listen to it in my car. If there’s cool stuff to see, unfortunately I can’t see it. I do remember John mentioning the pinball stuff.

Man, I can’t wait to see this show again in January. It’s not perfect — there are a few minor flaws — but on the whole I just love it.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 2 hours ago by  k8track.
    • This reply was modified 3 days, 2 hours ago by  k8track.
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

The video versions are archived at the roddenberryprod channel on Youtube. As if anyone needs to see my pulsating face. 😆

Viewing 6 posts - 91 through 96 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed