Star Trek Continues’ next big-name guest star is…

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Star Trek Fan Films Star Trek Continues’ next big-name guest star is…

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  k8track 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

…someone they probably had to make a long-distance call to reach.

The latest Star Trek Continues episode, The White Iris starring Colin Baker, is now available on YouTube.

After watching it, as usual, I’m knock-me-over-with-a-feather impressed at the authenticity, but I also predict a more heated love/hate relationship with this episode than most fan films normally generate. I’ll elaborate more in the full review I’m already working on.

And another guest star…k8track will be pleased to see this one. From STC’s official Facebook:

Announcement! Our next guest star for Episode VII is…John Champion @DVDgeeks! John is the co-producer and co-host of Mission Log: A Roddenberry Star Trek Podcast, a program which endeavors to analyze and discuss the morals, ethics and philosophy for every episode of Star Trek ever. Prior to Mission Log, John also produced the TV show and podcast DVD Geeks and the web series Bif! Bam! Pow! Wow! John’s acting background is primarily in theater, having graduated from Second City’s Conservatory and numerous original productions in Chicago. In the last decade, he has produced dozens of interviews with Star Trek cast and crew for Roddenberry Entertainment and worked on several special features for CBS Blu-ray releases of Star Trek: The Next Generation and Enterprise.

I wonder if he gets to vet his episode’s script for messages, morals and meanings?

k8track
    Participant

@earl wrote:

And another guest star…k8track will be pleased to see this one. From STC’s official Facebook:

Announcement! Our next guest star for Episode VII is…John Champion @DVDgeeks! John is the co-producer and co-host of Mission Log: A Roddenberry Star Trek Podcast, a program which endeavors to analyze and discuss the morals, ethics and philosophy for every episode of Star Trek ever. Prior to Mission Log, John also produced the TV show and podcast DVD Geeks and the web series Bif! Bam! Pow! Wow! John’s acting background is primarily in theater, having graduated from Second City’s Conservatory and numerous original productions in Chicago. In the last decade, he has produced dozens of interviews with Star Trek cast and crew for Roddenberry Entertainment and worked on several special features for CBS Blu-ray releases of Star Trek: The Next Generation and Enterprise.

I wonder if he gets to vet his episode’s script for messages, morals and meanings?

Just now saw this. Now I’m excited. You gotta have Ken Ray in there too. They would absolutely have to play the guys in the galley in the lowest deck peeling potatoes, basically the roles they are always talking about.

That’d be brilliant, even if they don’t have a single line. KP duty!

k8track
    Participant

To make it truly meta, as they’re peeling the potatoes, they should have a back-and-forth with the phrase “booby trap”, trying to say it as many times as possible. The pièce de résistance would be when Sulu walks by and severely chides John Champion with a stern “shame on you!”

Or they could just do the little bit from the end of this week’s Mission Log, which cracked me up far, far more than it really should have. 😆

k8track
    Participant

Devils do whaaaaaaaat?

Also: You remember O’Brien? From BREAKFAST?

k8track
    Participant

And there you have it. A truly appeeling episode for the whole family, particularly the small fries and the tots.

…all this, plus Captain Picirk.

Episode 7, “Embracing The Winds”, is live. And here is John Champion, just seconds away from ascending to the captain’s chair by default. 😆

He’s got a decent role in it. Not a single potato though.

Anyone have thoughts on the episode? Really interesting that it verifies, alters and challenges the “no women in command positions” rule stated in Turnabout Intruder. (I’ve always just written that line off completely, because… Turnabout Intruder.)

Star Trek Continues just announced on Facebook that they have a few episodes left in the pipeline, which they will complete and release. Rekha Sharma of BSG fame is in the next one.

And then they’re done. The ST:C series finale is written by Robert J. Sawyer.

Thanks, Axanar. Thanks a whole lot. Hope it was worth it to you. It wasn’t worth it to the rest of us.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

From ST:C’s Facebook page…

BIG NEWS! We have confirmed the venues for our final 3 episodes!

Episode IX, “What Ships are For” will premiere at Florida Supercon in Ft. Lauderdale the weekend of July 27-30

Episode X, “To Boldly Go (Part One)” will premiere at Salt Lake City Comic Con the weekend of September 21-23

Episode XI, “To Boldly Go (Part Two)” will premiere at New York City Comicon the weekend of October 5-8.

As you all know, this is the culmination of our series and an exciting finale to the most iconic show in television history. We will never be able to thank all of you enough for the support and enthusiasm you’ve given STC on our own 5 year mission. I hope you’ll make plans to join us at one or more of the premieres!

Sincerely,
    Vic

ST:C

/me bites tongue to avoid saying “Thanks, Axanar” again…d’oh!

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

What Ships Are For

Exceptional episode – quite possibly the best since Fairest Of Them All. Gene would’ve dug this a lot. The guest actors do a lot of the heavy lifting and they’re more than up to the task. This de Lancie guy has all the makings of a good actor – looks like he knew all his cues in advance…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed