SpaceX spacesuits to be designed by Tron Legacy designer?

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Sci Minus Fi Human Spaceflight SpaceX spacesuits to be designed by Tron Legacy designer?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Steve W Steve W 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Another thing to add to the list of “things Elon Musk can afford to do”: hire the Tron Legacy costume designer to create the look (if not necessarily the functionality) of SpaceX’s in-house spacesuits. [LINK]

Movie spacesuits almost always look better than their real world counterparts. That’s probably why SpaceX has tapped legendary costume designer Jose Fernandez to develop their own in-house spacesuits.

You’ve likely seen Fernandez’s work before: He’s responsible for designing costumes in Batman v Superman, Oblivion, Tron: Legacy, The Avengers, Iron Man, Jupiter Ascending, and quite a few others. He knows his way around the sorts of costumes that are functional, but which also look cool.

Elon Musk has previously noted design is going to be a priority for their own astronauts, and that he wants it to look ‘badass’.

That great…but I also want to be successfully breathing oxygen the whole time too, yeah?

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Didn’t the design of the diver suits from The Abyss get real scuba suit designers to hire the movie’s designer? I thought I had read that someplace.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.