Space Rangers (1993)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Earl's previous regeneration Earl’s previous regeneration 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ZLoth
    ZLoth

Does anyone besides me remember Space Rangers from 1993? You know, it came out at the same time as DSN, ran for six episodes, then showed up occasionally on the SciFI Channel.

Only reason why I mentioned it is because it showed up as a Fry’s Electronics special this week, and I didn’t even know it was released on DVD. A few B5 alums in there.

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I saw part of a couple episodes, but it was on against something far better at that time, so I didn’t watch it all the way through. I’m actually shocked it came out on DVD, honestly, I guess I’m going to have to track it down now just for curiosity’s sake.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

Good luck scrounging up the $6.59 to purchase it from Amazon. 😀

“You can not operate in this room unless you believe that you are Superman, and whatever happens, you’re capable of solving the problem.” – Gene Kranz

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Honestly, I never heard of it before. Well, maybe I did back in 1993 but it never sparked any interest in me. Nevertheless, I put it on my wish list and I’ll buy it along with something else later.

It’s not on Netflix at all (streaming or DVD) so I guess Amazon is my only option (but “Rock Jones: Space Ranger” from 1953 IS on Amazon. I’m thinking it’s not a good substitute. ;)).

ZLoth
    ZLoth

Picked it up today for $4 from Fry’s Electronics. It’s a Mill Creek Entertainment release Checking the price history on camelcamelcamel, the highest price that Amazon charged was $9.98. This distributor also handled the release of The Greatest American Hero series for $15. Of course, this brings up related suggestions on Amazon of some other series which sound great. But, the wallet isn’t willing.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

Took at look at the DVDs during lunch. It’s a two DVD set on dual layer discs. The first disc contains the six episodes while the second disc are the three movies assembled from the six episodes called the Space Rangers Chronicles.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Mine came in from Amazon this morning, I intend to watch it next week on my vacation. But who knows how that’ll go. I’ve kept the season 1 box set of Mad Men in my luggage for something like two years, I still haven’t watched that show. I hear it’s amazing, but I never crack into the thing. It’s still wrapped in plastic with the Hastings price tag on it.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

I ordered a new Kindle for my dad on Sunday. While I was on Amazon I figured, what the hell, and got the Space Rangers for myself. It should arrive tomorrow. I have no idea when I’ll watch it.

I might’ve seen it at some point. 😉 I still need to finish the write-ups for the two unaired episodes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.