Shuttle bus service to the 24th century?

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Star Trek Collectibles Shuttle bus service to the 24th century?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by ubikuberalles ubikuberalles 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Whoever goes to Vegas next, you need to investigate this contamination of our timeline! [LINK] 😆

We can’t tell if this is some kind of “Time’s Arrow” situation, but there appears to be a Federation shuttlecraft just blithely parked in a repair lot a block away from Las Vegas’ McCarran Airport. Former Verge director Jordan Oplinger discovered the rogue craft over the weekend on Google Maps.

For those who might be unfamiliar, this craft and its brethren would carry the likes of Capt. Jean-Luc Picard and his crew on away missions. This vehicle in particular looks not unlike like a Type 6 shuttlepod that were standard issue aboard vessels like the Enterprise D. (This one does look longer and a lot more angular, though.) While it’s certainly possible that this is just a model designed by a superfan, it’s also likely that someone aboard some future ship sent a team back to our time. Maybe they’re marooned… in Vegas of all places.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

Maybe they have mastered card counting to make some money.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

Drive that thing to ComiCon, exit the vehicle wearing a bald cap and a TNG uniform, and get a million photographs taken of you blasted across the internet. You’ll instantly gain massive geek cred. And maybe get a number from that cute girl cosplaying as an Orion slave woman.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Is it possible that it is a refugee from the Star Trek Experience? At one point of the show we, the audience, were herded into a shuttle that was tilted about while videos showed Klingons attacking us and flashes of light went off when a Phasor made a near miss. It’s been years since I’ve been in that Shuttle but this could be that ride from the show.

I kinda doubt it; the “shuttles” seated at least six or seven people across. I think that would be much wider than this vehicle.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

Perhaps you are right. It’s been a while since I sat in the shuttle in the Star Trek Experience. However, that would explain it’s presence in Las Vegas.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed