Short Treks

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Earl Earl 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

October’s shaping up to be a busy month around here.

STAR TREK: SHORT TREKS, four stand-alone short stories, will begin rolling out on Thursday, October 4, in anticipation of the early 2019 return of STAR TREK: DISCOVERY. Each short will run approximately 10-15 minutes and will be an opportunity for fans to dive deeper into key themes and characters that fit into the STAR TREK: DISCOVERY and expanding “Star Trek” universe. Each of STAR TREK: SHORT TREKS four stories will center on a key character, including familiar faces from STAR TREK: DISCOVERY: Mary Wiseman (Tilly), Doug Jones (Saru) and Rainn Wilson (Harry Mudd), in a short he will also direct, as well as a new character unfamiliar to fans, Craft, played by Aldis Hodge.

If this pops a number for them, how neat would it be to spread their wings in the next round of shorts and maybe follow up on DS9 or Voyager or Enterprise? (Bakula’s already on the CBS lot with his own NCIS spinoff, why not?) I know that’s a long shot, because these are essentially little promos for Discovery, but hey, a guy can dream. What’s plain, simple Garak up to these days? Let’s fulfill Bryan Fuller’s original concept about stopping at every point along the timeline. Do virtual sets if you have to.

Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

That could only happen if Paramount and CBS get merged together again. Otherwise, they’d have to redesign Garak along with anything from the original show to make it look 25% different since neither CBS or Paramount own the visual rights completely.

k8track
    Participant

Has the video been taken down? It says it’s unavailable.

Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Region lock – that was hitting me a lot earlier tonight and then I remembered I was operating from behind a VPN.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.