Series 10, Episode 4 – Knock Knock

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Doctor Who Series 10, Episode 4 – Knock Knock

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ubikuberalles ubikuberalles 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

What did everybody think of the story? The notion was almost stretching credulity for me, and it dragged for the first half of the episode. I ended up fast-forwarding until Capaldi took charge. Two things…

If the housemates were released from whatever state they were being kept in, why couldn’t previous groups from the earlier 20-year gaps also be brought back? Unless they were slowly being digested…

What’s the speculation on who is behind the Time Lord vault door? Most of the speculation online centers on it being the Master in some incarnation (although I wasn’t aware the Master was so good at playing the piano, or why a horrible madman like him/her would want to become prolific on an Earthling musical instrument), borne out by the fact the occupant showed interest when the Doctor offered to relate his recent story, with young people getting eaten. I would like to think it’s Missy for some reason being kept in there. I think it’s the only incarnation of the Master that the Doctor would genuinely want to hang out with (and eat Mexican food with). Maybe the vault isn’t holding Missy inside, it’s keeping something else far more dangerous from hunting Missy down. Thoughts, anyone?

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

I figured it was Missy after the last scene in the show when interest piqued when the Doctor mentioned people being eaten.

As to the episode itself? I was a little board. I felt the acting was wooden, the concept of the episode was warped and I think the first half without the Doctor went against the grain. I could branch off and go on about the details of my complaints but it’s sufficient to say that I am rooted in my opinions on this.

tl;dr version: I could take it or leaf it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed