Series 10, Episode 10 – Eaters of Light

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction Doctor Who Series 10, Episode 10 – Eaters of Light

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by ubikuberalles ubikuberalles 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

So, interesting footnote: the writer of this episode, Rona Munro, is…

1. …the first new series script written by an original series writer
    2. …written by the writer of the final broadcast episode of the 1963-89 series (Survival)

Just kind of interesting. I don’t see any cheetah people though.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

The only thing that comes to mind right now – days after the episode – is “Bill didn’t figure out the gift of the TARDIS until THIS episode? Wow.” Oh. Wait. After reviewing the episodes I can see how she missed that before since most of the episodes were on Earth. This made me ask “The Martian Warriors spoke English?” I mean the warrior that met the Brit soldiers on Earth had to speak English. Or did the warrior have his own universal translator?

Overall I found the episode entertaining. Nothing more to add, I guess.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by ubikuberalles ubikuberalles.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by ubikuberalles ubikuberalles.
    Steve W
    Steve W
    Participant

I started watching it, but gave up less than ten minutes in. It has the feel of an “alien of the week” episode, nothing groundbreaking. I can watch it at some other point. It had the vibe of a season-filler.

ubikuberalles
    ubikuberalles

So you thought the episode was a bit light? Perhaps a waste of time? In other words a time-eater?

In the end I found the monster of the week to be, well, weak. It drove the story and got the characters to do that thing they do but, in the end, it was just another problem to solved by the Doctor and company. Granted, the solution to the problem was unexpected and a little touching, but, overall, it was a routine adventure for the doctor.

So you didn’t miss much, Steve.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed